Malady of Job Health Risks
Insights From Mettl Company Insights
Office- Around 86% of American workers sit all day at work. If you are one in the group, then change your position.
Office - it might seem as the safest place to work. No evident hazards such as the ones near a factory or in a construction sites and all the employees avail the benefits of the stringent working hours. Aren’t you one one of them who sits all day at work? Do you think you are safe?
In our experience, two broad factors can prove detrimental to one’s health:
- Nature of Work: This pertains to the timings and schedule that an individual to follow, keeping them from building positive habits and healthy lifestyle. For instance,
- Rotational Shifts disrupt the body clock, leading to issues such as insomnia, dizziness and sleep deprivation. When a person works in a different shift every month or worse, every week; they are unable to follow a routine or exercise regimen that worsens their health and well-being.
- Do OR Die Deadlines require a person to sit for long hours, restricting their physical activity at workplace. Many people end up skipping meals and continue working on residual energy that leads to degradation of their health.
- Excess Travel Jobs that require frequent air travel can lead to jet lags and fatigue, leading to a drop in overall well-being.
- Workplace Environment:
The workplace can make or mar a person’s health as an average person spends more than 8 hours there everyday. Spending a considerable time under stress and pressure can trigger excessive production of stress hormone called cortisol, leading to health issues in the long run. These can contribute to a poor health:
- Artificial Stress- Working for an organization that believes in getting work done at the cost of mental, physical and emotional health is detrimental to health.
- Workplace Conflicts- If you work under a toxic company culture where people believe in pulling each other down to make way for personal success, it simply spoils your mental and physical health. It can also result in a pale, lifeless appearance as an individual with visible signs on your face such as fine lines, dark spots and wrinkles.
Health is the weapon that makes or mar you. People had something in mind before they phrased “Health is Wealth”. You ought to understand that too and work on the maladies.
Topics: Human Resource